Sunday, September 14, 2008

Partial Retraction - Lose your house, lose your vote

Hi all. My earlier post about Republicans in Michigan trying to deny people who's homes have been foreclosed on may not be true. A friend of mine contacted a friend of hers who lives in Michigan, and there has been no mention of this anywhere there. It also turns out that the source, the "Michigan Messenger" is a very left leaning blog. Now, I know that this is a left leaning blog as well, but that does not mean that I am going let bad information pass off as the truth, even if it benefits my side.

Anyway, the "Messenger" is standing by its story. The Michigan Republican party is of course saying it is not true. Here is a link to an article about this in the Detroit News:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080912/POLITICS01/809120380/1409/METRO


I will keep looking into this story, and will post any significant updates. If this turns out to be false, I am truly sorry for passing on bad information. Lies and distortions have NO PLACE in the political process, no matter which side they come from.

No comments: